“Schedule your first prenatal appointment for pregnancy care, once your pregnancy is confirmed. It comprises of the following aspects:
- • Medical history
- • Physical examination
- • Laboratory tests
- • Folic acid and other vitamin supplements
- • Dietary counseling and lifestyle issues
- • Normal discomforts of pregnancy
- • Screening tests for fetal abnormalities
Our signature pregnancy care is an inverted pyramid of antenatal care which is a novel concept of antenatal care focusing on the very early weeks of pregnancy to identify high risks and this enables much more individualized patient and disease-specific approach of antenatal care.
For normal pregnancies without complications prenatal examinations are scheduled as follows:
- • Every month from the 1st week to the 28th week.
- • Every 2 weeks from the 29th week through the 36th
- • Weekly from the 37th week until delivery.
Apart from the routine antenatal checkups which assess BP, weight, the progress of the pregnancy care and overall well-being, there are certain trimester-specific investigations or treatments which will be offered to pregnant women depending on the individualized need.
- • Fetal viability/Dating scan (6-10 weeks).
- • Nuchal translucency scan/first-trimester screening(11-14 weeks).
- • Triple marker or quadruple marker screening if first-trimester screening is missed(15-17wks).
- • Detailed anomaly scan (TIFFA at 18-20 weeks).
- • Fetal 2D Echo.
- • Screening for gestational diabetes.
- • Tetanus immunization and the Influenza vaccine.
- • Fetal growth and well-being surveillance by growth scan, fetal Doppler, biophysical profile, NST.
- • Discuss birth/labor plans and labor analgesia.
- • Anesthetists review
We also encourage VBAC or Vaginal birth after cesarean
- • There’s a good chance you’ll succeed if you’re an appropriate candidate for a vaginal birth after a cesarean, also known as a VBAC.
- • Overall, about 60 to 80 out of 100 women who attempt a VBAC deliver vaginally.
- • The chances of success are higher if the reason for your previous issue isn’t likely this time around.
- • At Prasad Hospitals, we follow the Baby-friendly hospital initiative launched by WHO.
- • This initiative is an effort to implement practices that protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- • Some of them include encouraging early initiation of breastfeeding, on-demand, and exclusive breastfeeding and having trained and skilled staff to implement this initiative.
Postnatal exercises have many benefits. At this stage, your body can recover by pelvic floor exercises, low belly exercises.
- • Increases the levels of feel-good chemicals (endorphins) in your brain and boosts the mood.
- • Lose any weight gained during pregnancy.
- • Protects from aches and pains.
- • Improve strength and stamina.
- • Many parents have this type of depression after having a baby.
- • It’s a common problem, affecting more than 10 percent of women within a year of giving birth.
- • Many women feel tearful, bit down, or anxious in the first week after giving birth which is called baby blues.
- • If the symptoms start later, you could have postnatal depression which can start any time in the first year after giving birth.
- • Consult the doctor if your symptoms could get worse and have a significant impact on you, your baby and your family.
Newborn care at Prasad Hospitals:
We have a dedicated pediatric team to take care of your precious newborn.
- • Basic care for all newborns should include keeping the baby warm, supporting early and exclusive breastfeeding, providing hygienic umbilical cord and skin care, increasing hand washing and, identifying conditions that require counseling and care when to take a newborn to a health facility.
- • They should be assessed for gestational age, birth weight, congenital defects and signs of newborn illness.
- • After the first hour of life, newborns should have vitamin K and eye care
- • Your new born may need supplements like calcium, vitamin D, iron, multivitamins which you can start in consultation with the pediatricians at Prasad Hospitals, the Best Multispecialty hospitals in Hyderabad.
We also offer routine newborn screening. Newborn screening identifies certain genetic, endocrine and metabolic conditions that can affect a child’s long-term health or survival. Early diagnosis and intervention can prevent death or disability.
Newborn Infant Hearing Screening
The auditory sense is important for the mental development of a child. About 5-6 out of 1000 children have hearing problems. Children identified with hearing loss before 6 months of age should have developing skills. Children not identified until later may ultimately suffer from irreversible and permanent impairments in speech, language, and cognitive abilities when compared to their peers.
- • Vaccines are an important part of keeping your child safe and healthy.
- • Newborn babies need to have a list of doses of vaccines as per the vaccination chart recommended by the pediatricians in India.
- • Each vaccine helps prevent a disease from surfacing in your little one and hence, all of them are mandatory.
- • Get Vaccine Scheduled for your child.