The Centre for Orthopedics, Trauma & Joint Diseases at Prasad Hospitals is on par with the best Joint Replacement Units in India with the 0% surgical-side infection rate. All types of Joint Replacements (Hip, Knee & Shoulder) are performed here. Prasad Hospitals have the best modular operation theatres with the latest technology called Laminar Flow, for joint resurfacing procedures. Being the Best Orthopedic Hospital in Hyderabad, Prasad Hospitals have the experienced orthopedic doctors who are specialized with advanced techniques like Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS), Arthroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic) of knee & shoulder & Arthroscopic Surgeries with advanced techniques in ligament repair.
Department of Orthopedics
- • General Orthopedics.
- • Joint Replacement.
- • Arthroscopic Surgery.
- • Complex Trauma and Fracture Treatment.
- • Pediatric Orthopedics.
- • Spine Care.
- • Sports Medicine.
- • Total Hip Replacement (Cemented and Uncemented).
- • Hip Resurfacing Surgeries.
- • Total Knee Replacement.
- • Total Elbow, Ankle & Shoulder Replacement.
- • Total Joint Replacement Revision (Hip, Knee & Shoulder).
- • Partial Joint Revision (Hip, Knee).
- • Rheumatology.
- • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- • Pain Management.
Best Orthopedic Hospital in Hyderabad
Knee Replacement: In India, Knee replacements are very common. Here the diseased ends of the thigh and leg bones and sometimes the surface of knee cap are replaced.
Hip Replacement: In Traditional total hip replacement the diseased ball along with the top part of the thigh bone and the surface of the socket is removed and replaced with artificial components.
Ligaments are strong tissues that connects bones. Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is one of the two ligaments which connects the thighbone (Femur) to the shinbone (Tibia) and it crosses in the middle of the knee which helps to stabilize knee joint. Mostly, the injuries to ACL occur during sports and fitness activities. While twisting or overextending the knee, this ligament may tear. But not everyone who tears an ACL requires ACL reconstruction. The people who can recover well with physical therapy and some conservative treatments. The Doctors at Prasad Hospitals, Best Orthopedic Hospital in Hyderabad, may recommend ACL reconstruction if:
- • The athlete wants to continue in the sport which involves jumping, pivoting.
- • More than one ligament or the cartilage in one’s knee is injured.
- • A person is young and active.
- • The injury is caused to knee to buckle during everyday activities, such as stair climbing.